Among all nuts, walnuts pack significantly higher amount of omega-3 fatty acids ALA. They are rich in fiber, B vitamins, magnesium, and antioxidants such as Vitamin E. Indeed, walnuts are one of the best plant sources of protein.
Due to the nutritious benefits of walnuts, walnuts bring health benefits to people. In summary, the health benefits of walnuts take place in the following five aspects:
1. They can reduce the risk of breast cancer because walnuts can provide antioxidants and phytosterols.
2. Walnuts are beneficial in reducing depression, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, cancer and countering inflammatory diseases
3. because they are packed with omega-3 fatty acids.
4. The mono- and polyunsaturated fats in walnuts can reduce the risk of diabetes.
5. Walnuts contain higher quality antioxidants which can boost heart health.
6. Walnuts can lower resting blood pressure and blood pressure responses to stress in the laboratory. That means walnuts can help to deal with stress.
Hence, with the continuous improvement of living standards of people, the gradual deepening of knowledge about the nutrition, health and medical benefits of walnuts, the consumption of walnuts in worldwide market is strengthening; they are not just sold as raw walnuts in shell but are processed by the shelling machine and then are deep-processed into walnut juice, walnut oil, walnut cakes, walnut cookies or walnut powder by many factories. All these walnuts products are best-selling nourishment, and they are helpful to both old and young. Thus we can say that the economic benefit of walnut processing is high.
In people’s daily life, walnuts are favored by many people. They are added to a healthy diet. Instead of snacking on cookies, people eat shelled walnuts which have been shelled by the nut shelling machine or crack the walnuts by the walnut cracker as snacks ; instead of using meat, people toss toasted walnuts in salad or pasta; instead of layering pepperoni, people use chopped shelled walnuts in pizza; instead of eating bacons or eggs, people use walnuts as a protein choice by sprinkling chopped raw walnuts in oatmeal or breakfast cereal.